Each year, thanks to generous donations to the Boston Bar Foundation’s M. Ellen Carpenter Fund, a handful of high school students are provided the opportunity to work at legal services organizations, courts, and government offices through the BBA’s Summer Jobs Program. This summer, eight Boston Public School students will have the opportunity to earn a paycheck through the BBA while developing critical professional skills and providing support to a legal office in the city. The following organizations have been selected as 2018 host sites for the BBF-sponsored interns:
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services
- Massachusetts Law Reform Institute (MLRI)
- Massachusetts Legal Assistance Corporation (MLAC)
- Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Massachusetts, Clerk’s Office
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, Clerk’s Office
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, Ward Fellowship
- Volunteer Lawyers Project
We’re also grateful to the 24 law firms and government agencies that are directly hiring students this summer.
The Summer Jobs Program will kick-off its 25th year on July 9th – stay tuned for updates on the students throughout the summer!