The Boston Bar Association is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for its 2017-2018 class of Public Interest Leaders. The BBA’s Public Interest Leadership Program (PILP) is a unique leadership program for new lawyers which promotes civic engagement and public service by advancing the leadership role of lawyers in service to their community, the profession and the Commonwealth. Over the past few months, Beyond the Billable has been recapping PILP’s monthly meetings. If you’d like a refresher on what they’ve been up to this year, find their stories here.
If you’re interested in the program, we invite you to join us on Monday, March 6, 2017 from 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM to learn more. PILP has four specific purposes:
- To identify and recognize present and future leaders in the BBA and the Boston legal community.
- To contribute to the professional and leadership development of promising young attorneys.
- To integrate young leaders into the BBA and its public service landscape — at the same time significantly contributing to the public interest.
- To build a powerful alumni network of lawyer leaders who by their actions demonstrate that part of being a successful lawyer is giving back to the community.
- The information session will feature PILP alumni who will provide insight into the program, discuss the application process, reflect on their experiences, and answer questions.
If you’d like to attend on Monday, please sign up here.