As you may remember, the Boston Bar Foundation funds positions for Boston public high school students in government and legal service agencies each summer through the BBA Summer Jobs Program. This year, the BBF will be funding 15 positions—the highest number yet thanks to the help of a number of Boston-based law offices:
- Arrowood Peters LLP*
- Donoghue Barrett & Singal, P.C.
- Hemenway & Barnes LLP
- Peabody & Arnold LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP*
* Partial sponsorship
In addition to supporting Boston public high school students, these sponsored positions will also support legal service organizations and government agencies by providing additional help in a busy office environment.
So where will these student be working this summer? Take a look below at some of the placement organizations:
- Committee for Public Counsel Services**
- Legal Advocacy and Resource Center**
- Massachusetts Department of Labor Standards
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services
- Massachusetts Interest on Lawyer Trust Accounts
- Massachusetts Law Reform Institute
- Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- U.S. District Court**
- Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association**
**Hosting two students
Stay tuned throughout the summer as we update you on the students’ experiences.